Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Art The style that is currently winning is not legal, apparently.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

The Authoring Rules sez

You may not include images unless they’re hosted on forumwarz.com.

Drab, with matching wallpaper uses a background image hosted on flickr, and is winning right now.

How is this handled? Does Evil Trout or someone at CZ have to delete the style, or would they upload the background image onto the forumwarz server, bumuming Drab wins?

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

If they let that style win, or upload it at FW, there will be a loooooong discussion about it, because I remember a few styles who got downvoted to elimination because of that.

IMO, either:

* Remove the style, or

* Implement an auto-uploader tool to upload backgrounds to FW.

My 2 cents.

Fran edited this message on 08/20/2008 10:49AM

meeeeeeeeee

Avatar: 15443 2010-04-04 18:27:25 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 35 Troll

Sneakily vicious and filled with virtuous pit bulls.

It’d be nice to see some styles that don’t just use avatar images in them (which can look a bit silly) or no images at all. The official forum styles have some interesting and distinctive decoration.

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

i guess they could upload the image to forumwarz and change the link when they publish.

i guess you have to have baxkground images as an avatar somewhere?

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

That’s weird because I thought my code prevented it. I will look into it.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Bump. Log in to see images!

SG94

Avatar: 53266 2011-07-31 00:43:01 -0400

[SG Inc]

Level 35 Troll

The most anal, compulsive tattle tale on this site, mess with me and meet the ban axe ****

I’d certainly hope the style will be taken out of competition and not rewarded. Otherwise it would be unfair to the people who stuck to the rules.

Orb

Avatar: 33233 Tue Oct 21 12:46:08 -0400 2008

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 69 Camwhore

“Venereal Biohazard”

It doesn’t seem fair, so I think whoever has the next highest score should get the e-peen and reward.

...but against the rules or not, it looks really good. Can we still use this style and just not reward the creator?

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

It makes sense not to let it win, considering the image it uses would cost CZ about $0.20 (one time) to use (according to the royalty free dealio on that site)

however if they wanted to use it, they should maybe take a BP from the user who subbed it, and buy/upload a royalty-free copy of it.

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Not to be a trouble maker, but wouldn’t this have been a trouble spot with the logo last week? The Monopoly characters are all trademarked.

© 2008 Hasbro. All rights reserved. All audio, visual and textual content on this site (including all names, characters, images, trademarks and logos) are protected by trademark rights, copyrights and other rights owned by Hasbro or by Hasbro’s licensors, licensees, suppliers and accounts.

EDIT: Also, not bringing it up because I think the wallpaper thing should win, and I thought the Monopoly one was cute, just curious.

scully edited this message on 08/22/2008 10:50PM

1338h4x

Avatar: 22473 Sat Nov 29 21:01:08 -0500 2008

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 35 Troll

7 Vibrating Doldoes was never a meme

scullyangel Posted:

Not to be a trouble maker, but wouldn’t this have been a trouble spot with the logo last week? The Monopoly characters are all trademarked.

© 2008 Hasbro. All rights reserved. All audio, visual and textual content on this site (including all names, characters, images, trademarks and logos) are protected by trademark rights, copyrights and other rights owned by Hasbro or by Hasbro’s licensors, licensees, suppliers and accounts.

I would bumume that in that context it’s protected parody, or at least fair use.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

scullyangel Posted:

I’ve been talking about with ET for a while now. Apparently trademarks are only applied when on commercial forums, IE the ones that came along with the game and were build by Crotch Zombie.

Since Buildr forums are made by the players…

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

We tend to skit around the copyright issue with user built forums, even though one day we might have to change that policy.

I decided to disqualify the winning style due to breaking the rules though, even though it did look nice!

In the future we should have some way to upload images.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

its a shame, really

quangntenemy

Avatar: 14557 2011-10-31 11:07:55 -0400

[WeChall]

Level 69 Troll

:ronpaul: :****ing sucks:

Is this rule still enforced? Because I still see some styles with external images.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!