Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Evil Trout An argument for a different Moar piece system

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

“43 4f 44 45 20 4d 41 53 54 45 52”

I’d like to suggest that the Moar system get reconsidered. I guess I really only have three reasons, but they bother me.

A)Currently on both my characters I have about ten pages of Moar files. As I see it, Moar files are going to vastly grow in quantity following the eventual item builder. These pieces are unsellable and unavoidable. Worse, when grinding any serious moar file, you’re guarenteed to build up a ton of effectively worthless other files that even complete aren’t valuable enough to even merit the sell time. These clutter up the interface significantly, making it a bother to keep track of what you’re really after. As it is, even if I ignored new entries, many of these are effectively permanent slots on the screen. Effectively in the current system every long time player’s moar parts collection expands to be every single moar file available in existance, with almost all of these being completely uninteresting acquirements that can’t be gotten rid of.

B)On anything above 10 pieces, there’s usually a very solid chance that folks are spending a very significant portion of the overall hunt on one piece. This hunt has spurred off several fair long threads entirely devoted to figuring out the math and trying to optimize a randomizer to drop from 200-250 down into a mere 100-150 range for Floyd. The moar file mechanic takes advantage of rewarding the random ‘press a bumon, get something cool, maybe’ that is pretty common in MMOs and MUDs, but does it really better having such indistinct progress with a huge chunk of the overall visits spent done while the moar file proudly announces itself ‘almost complete’?

C)Even for those you can get rid of, it’s difficult and bothersome. Whenever you grind one of the ‘good’ files, you quickly pick up 20-50 of the mediocre ones in the mix. These all have to be sold separately as separate equipment objects and rapidly clutter up the screen. It’s dozens of clicks to basically communicate “Please give me flezz back for this junk and get it out of my way”.

Proposal:

A)Remove numbered parts.

Make it just a percentage or count of pieces. If it needs to be rare or whatnot make it show up rarely. If it needs to take 150-250-350 drops, go right ahead. Then at least it’s a liner gain algorithm without leaving tons of pieces behind. Most folks doing anything above 15 pieces are instantly ‘1 piece away’ again when they extract. For those doing floyd, if that math thread is any indication, most are instantly at 49/50 2 or 3 times over right after extracting. Make progress something actually discernable for grindable moar files. If numbered parts didn’t exist, the artificial hunger that shows itself all over the place for ‘Part #X” wouldn’t exist. Folks would just hunger for the real thing or not at all.

B)Different Spiders

I may be alone, but when grinding Pink Floyd or Rectum or Asian or Random Keys or Pictures of You or whatnot, I’d rather not get a dozen /2 or /3 or /4 moar files each day alongside it. They’re practically valueless to me and just produce clutter. If I could equip spiders that would only get drops at the high or low or mid end, even at a cost of not getting any drops for stuff not on it’s system, I’d gladly do it. Being able to not get a billion jalepenos by having something that only does /10 or higher? Joyousness. Being able to hunt for a low tier ranked file by equipping a different spider rather than playing games manipulating my luck score down a hundred points? Would be awesome.

C)Extract all

Yeah the interface clearly needs another go. You guys are probably entirely aware of it, but a way to just quickly get out all valid results would help a lot with the current system and be good even in a proposed system where you were able to avoid getting tons of junk ones alongside.

D)Selling or Deleting parts

Heck, it could be for something as few flezz each for not bothering to conclude, but it’d give a way to prevent the moar files screen from naturally growing to ‘all moar files ever’. If I could just checkbox by the moar file parts I’m not interested in and get rid of them, it’d be cool.

E)Sell all unequipped moar files

This could probably be more mentally put as “Sell all unequipped inventory in a category” (Since Moar files are indistinguishable from general equipment), but hey, I think it’s a good idea too, so adding master troll’s suggestion up top as well.

So…yeah, not too well worded, but proposal tossed up.

editted: two bits added Log in to see images! Hackmeister edited this message on 01/12/2009 11:34AM

Thiefree

Avatar: 60455 Sun Feb 15 19:29:37 -0500 2009

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 35 Camwhore

“Legs Wide Open”

I think a lot of these suggestions should be implemented. The interface is far too cluttered, and a way of streamlining would be much appreciated. “Extract all” in particular is an obvious improvement!

Master_Troll

Avatar: 58489 2010-05-26 01:29:58 -0400

Level 69 Emo Kid

Lee_Harvey_Oswald is Pinky and I'm Brain

“sell all .moar files” in ppwn.

Add this to the list of changes I’d like to see

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Tossing a variant of that in. Might as well make the first post a repository of ‘really good suggestions for the moar system’. Log in to see images!

elenaratelim-
it

Avatar: 24791 2010-03-21 18:12:06 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 44 Troll

chica bonita

I think there should be far less moar files, there are just way too many and a lot of them not really good for much so you end up just selling it 300 times because you keep getting it

I also wish the moar file stats would be in the same place the pieces and stuff are, and a sell bumon right there as well… it’s silly to have to go to different places first to see what you have, then to see what stats the moar file has, then to sell it… maybe this is coming with the kyoubai idk.

As it stands I have tons of completed moar files I haven’t extracted or sold because it’s just such a pain in the bum to have to do that every day…

Evil Trout

Avatar: 35 2023-04-24 23:24:10 +0000

[Crotch Zombie]

Level 21 Hacker

this site is deader than the toddlers in my basement

The .moar file interface is overdue for an update. It will be coming soon, I promise.

Fortunato

Avatar: 72902 2010-02-03 18:45:17 -0500

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 51 Troll

ZOMBIE CANNONBALL OF GORE

Evil Trout Posted:

The .moar file interface is overdue for an update. It will be coming soon, I promise.

after dom though Log in to see images!

CaptainDDL

Avatar: 34340 2009-09-30 16:41:31 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 63 Troll

Fran's Beautiful Lover XOXOXOXOXO

I would love to see a ‘sell all but one’ feature for the .moar files…I don’t need 20 copies of a file. Also, something simple like a checkbox by the items you have bumembled would be great.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Fortunato Posted:

after dom though Log in to see images!

There’s only so many CZ employees. We’ve no reason to yammer that their attention gets pulled a hundred ways.

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Heh, making the interface unworkable. While grinding rectum I picked up somewhere in the vicinity of 150 other moars. “You have enough to extract 25 more times.”

Hackmeister

Level 35 Hacker

Also, I’m certainly not the only one who finds stuff like this silly.

Found:

* Piece #1 x 6

* Piece #2 x 5

* Piece #3 x 6

* Piece #4 x 8

* Piece #5 x 4

* Piece #6 x 5

* Piece #8 x 3

* Piece #9 x 5

* Piece #10 x 4

* Piece #11 x 5

* Piece #12 x 9

* Piece #13 x 5

Missing:

* Piece #7

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

OP sounds like some good ideas, although anything would be an improvement.

ET: Thanks for listening. Log in to see images!

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

Interesting suggestions. I don’t know that I agree completely with any except the “extract all” and “sell all” options.

Please keep in mind that what is annoying for a level 35 character is the answer to funding good equipment quickly for a new character. 20 copies of Andy male reproductive organ? Annoying to me, woo hoo to a level 12 or whatever character who can turn one visit into 1500 – 2100 instantly.

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Ah, but Andy male reproductive organ (and most similar low level moar files) are 2-4 hit ones.

Effectively, there’s no difference for the smaller moar files between a percentile system and a piece system. You’ll still haul in a whole bunch of the Andy male reproductive organs if it was “every 3 pieces is a complete Andy male reproductive organ” in the same fashion you would as “For every second piece, there’s a 50 percent chance that you just completed Andy male reproductive organ.” To someone pulling in 10-30 pieces, they’re going to pile it up for sale anyway.

An expontial system like the one we’re currently using and a linear system doesn’t really diverge a meaningful amount with low input numbers.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!