Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Macho One could make the arguement that I was paying for the entertainment.

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/403700-jalapeno-8217-s-bootyhole-leer

As we all might have guessed, this auction was flagged for abuse and confiscated. I know we’ve been down this road before, but things are a little different this time.

First of all, this item actually has some useful qualities, unlike our famous marble. Now, I’m sure there are other, cheaper duplicates of this item out there to purchase, but as with anything in a capitalistic society, advertising has a huge impact on how much people are willing to spend on something. In this case, the advertising was very good. The thread made me laugh, and because of this I decided to bid on the stupid file. When I got outbid, I honestly thought “no, I want this file, and I’ll make sure I get it”.

I know it’s irrational, but in this case the thread linked to the item really did have an effect on how much the item was worth to me.

I’m not asking for any kind of change in the abuse filter, since it clearly does its job well. What I am asking for is an inquiry into this auction to determine, by an impartial and trusted judge (a mod), whether or not there were any shenanigans here. If the mods feel like I just wanted to transfer a rather insignificant amount of flezz to a guy who was about to make 85million off another auction, then I’ll shut up and stop arguing. But if a trusted source says “I get why this particular auction went so high, everything seems ok to me” then I’d ask ET to please (when he has time, of course) give me my file and McB his money.

I honestly do not think this is unreasonable.

ChilePepino

Avatar: 101005 2010-01-24 16:17:40 -0500

[Full of SbumSS]

Level 35 Permanoob

Well, spf357 really rocks.

I honestly don’t see the point of the flagging systems since noobs plan auction/flezz transfers in INCIT chat all the time Log in to see images!

And I don’t think level 35’s that have been here for over a year care much about the flezz (like MCB)

twas

Avatar: 40896 2011-11-01 00:47:59 -0400

[fine upstanding member of society]

Level 35 Troll

Wher Have My Poor Imaginary Wife and Child Gone

ChilePepino Posted:

I honestly don’t see the point of the flagging systems since noobs plan auction/flezz transfers in INCIT chat all the time Log in to see images!

And I don’t think level 35’s that have been here for over a year care much about the flezz (like MCB)

People only care when the members of the Board of Directors are doing it.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

The only legitimate reason we were given last time for why mods couldn’t review and ok “joke” auctions was because we only had 2 mods at the time, and they were in fact overworked.

I don’t see that as a problem now.

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 12/05/2009 2:43PM

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

http://www.forumwarz.com/auctions/show/403209-flip-flops

This was a historic item, being presented in an entertaining thread. I honestly set the reserve intentionally high because I knew this was going to be flagged for “abuse” and I didn’t want to lose my pair of flip-flops because someone bid 25000 on them. I never thought the reserve would be met, and my intentions were to show that a “worthless” item could gain significant value when placed in historical context and advertised entertainingly. The story behind these flip-flops actually made me laugh whenever I thought about it, which is more that I can say for much of the “official” Forumwarz material. I didn’t want to sell them for anything less than a small fortune (to me).

If we are never going to be able to have auctions for fun, please state that explicitly so we can stop using this part of the game.

I made this auction to make a change. If I have to lose my flip-flops because of it, so be it. I’m not going to be very happy losing them for nothing though.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

I would like to add that as a ghost my sole is all I have left. Please don’t take it from me.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

careposting: the last of the trollhicans

Adapt

Avatar: 58104 2015-06-13 23:16:37 -0400

[Grey Goose Mafiosi]

Level 48 Camwhore

Celerysteve is better than me in everyway imaginable

Yes, why let people have stupid misleading titles in their auctions if you are going to say that it is possible to advertise an item TOO well? This is ridiculous, I would say we have to pick one or the other, get rid of stupid titles or let auctions like this exist justly.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

one last bump to try to get an actual response instead of Tubs’ sbum.

Ricket

Avatar: 4300 2011-11-01 00:56:47 -0400

[The Scrotal Safety-
Commission
]

Level 69 Troll

Good poster, upvoted. Also loves juicy balls (no homo).

Just allow flezz transfers through SpendFriend or whatever and be done with this nonsense.

Ricket edited this message on 12/06/2009 2:31AM

Melanin-Enha-
nced Individ-
ual

Avatar: 174541 2012-01-02 15:34:06 -0500

[enjoy GANG]

Level 35 Troll

If I can write this, my whole life has been wasted. I'm worthless and awful.

sounds good ricket. all in favor say aye.

Indiana Jonas

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

The Ghost of Hobart Bliggity Posted:

one last bump to try to get an actual response instead of Tubs’ sbum.

Shii

Avatar: 23167 2010-01-24 16:31:18 -0500

[Phantasmagoric Spl-
endor
]

Level 35 Emo Kid

I haven't seen a bad idea that I didn't like.

I support the allowance of fun auctions after a mod reviews it. Authentic Johnny Mac™ flip flops obviously command top dollar, and stifling that demand is just unfair.

CHALKONEUPTO-
DALORD

Avatar: 49117 2011-10-31 03:55:43 -0400

[Harem and Sushi Bar]

Level 10 Camwhore

You should listen to the groovy trip-hop in my sig

this is rediculous. I have been transferring flezz for ages. I am like a fwz flezz cartel and I smuggle it into both mine and other peoples pockets on a daily basis. why is it hobart is singled out here? is this a personal qualm? do I smell a def jam vendetta? I fear that if others are overlooked and unpunished that the fwz economy will certainly begin to suck.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!