Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Interface User tool: Build checker

JacksonKelley

[The Original fabulous personies]

Level 47 Troll

I'm a doctor, not a fabulous persongy loser like YOU.

The only way one would know that ‘Hacker’ and ‘Permanoob’ are clbumes in ep. 2 is by:
-Completing ep. 1 within the last 30 days, as the information wasn’t on the completion page until recently
-Religiously checking the right threads of Flamebate
-Reading the blog, which is hard to find and even harder to remember to check on a daily basis
And for someone who knows everything about the game, one should know better than to call people childish names in Game Discussion!

Great tool, KillerMist. Can’t wait to see more of your work, perhaps a way to incorporate items into the Build Checker?

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Big Brother Posted:

Even a level 6 re-re knows these things! Sheesh.

Yes. Because said L6 re-re has alts who completed Episode 1. This is NOT the case for the Level 10 Troll who asked the question, and is likely using the tool to help him do what I’ve hidden behind the spoiler tags. Game Discussion is exactly the right place to ask such questions.

So, again. If you have problems with a post, report it to the mods and let us handle it as we deem fit.

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Big changes.

Instead of choosing levels, there are now verbose choices (+150 ego, “Post Bra Shot + Underwear Shot”, etc)

Also fixed a minor glitch on choosing a re-re from any clbum that didn’t have re-re skills (including the starter ”—”Log in to see images!

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Minor bug fix.

Thanks to URMOMLAWL for pointing out that the last level of Luck was incorrect. The cost has been fixed.

DEAD fabulous person

Avatar: 21099 Wed Jul 08 18:09:49 -0400 2009

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

AAA++++!!! WOULD BUY AGAIN!!!

killermist Posted:

Minor bug fix.

Thanks to URMOMLAWL for pointing out that the last level of Luck was incorrect. The cost has been fixed.

If I didn’t say so earlier: great stuff! Some criticism:

The “optimum” troll build is not really good, unless you’re looking for an inefficient way to acquire Flezz. In fact there is no optimum build: there’s tons of options depending on what you’re trying to accomplish. Which is why your tool is useful. It just seems self-defeating to offer one build as “optimal”, because if that existed, why use a build checker?

DEAD FAGGOT edited this message on 08/13/2008 4:06PM

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

In regards to the optimum troll build, it’s the build as laid out here: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/How_To_Earn_Flezz_As_A_Troll

So far as I know, if there is an optimal (not counting the DML), that’s it. If there is an optimal for the DML, I’ll add it when provided with the build details.

If people want to start from scratch, that’s an option. If people want to start with the “flawed” optimal build, and then change them to their own version of optimal, that’s an option too.

I figure it’s better to leave the option in, since it does no harm, and leave it as an option than to remove it because some might not find it useful.

Enshoku

[The Godless Gamers]

Level 31 Camwhore

“Courte-chan”

You win…forever

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

killermist Posted:

In regards to the optimum troll build, it’s the build as laid out here: http://www.forumwarz.com/spoilers/wiki/How_To_Earn_Flezz_As_A_Troll

So far as I know, if there is an optimal (not counting the DML), that’s it.

Anyone can put all sorts of nonsense in the wiki and the article you posted is just the opinion of one person. Again, an optimum build does not exist. The one you referenced is downright horrible for domination, for instance.

Beavis-Dragon

Level 56 Emo Kid

Douchebag to the Stars!!!!!!

AWESOME!!!!! This thing will definitely come in handy

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Simon Groothuizen Posted:

Anyone can put all sorts of nonsense in the wiki and the article you posted is just the opinion of one person. Again, an optimum build does not exist. The one you referenced is downright horrible for domination, for instance.

That article was about earning money as a troll. And for that purpose, it seems to be about as optimal as can be achieved (unless some new forum has obsoleted it). And the article states early on that it’s not concerned about domination.

If you have a recommendation for a build you’d like to see added for Domination, I could do that.

If it’s the word “optimal” you’re having trouble with, then I’m willing to listen to alternate possibilities for the naming of that build.

I try to not be an unreasonable person. I’m willing to change things to be more user and/or language friendly/clear, but so far, I still haven’t seen any compelling reason to change anything.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

killermist Posted:

If it’s the word “optimal” you’re having trouble with, then I’m willing to listen to alternate possibilities for the naming of that build.

Suggested?

I think you should put those builds at a separate tab AFTER choosing said clbum.

Fran edited this message on 08/17/2008 10:16AM

DEAD fabulous person

[Vacation Hideaway]

Level 35 Camwhore

killermist Posted:

That article was about earning money as a troll. And for that purpose, it seems to be about as optimal as can be achieved (unless some new forum has obsoleted it). And the article states early on that it’s not concerned about domination.

If you have a recommendation for a build you’d like to see added for Domination, I could do that.

I try to not be an unreasonable person. I’m willing to change things to be more user and/or language friendly/clear, but so far, I still haven’t seen any compelling reason to change anything.

I would suggest “Troll Flezz Build” to be a better name. Domination builds are usually speedbuilds, you can grab some from the wiki. Sorry to be so damn cranky, but I found “optimum troll build” for that one a bit misleading.

killermist

[Do Not Tread On Me]

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Fran Posted:

I think you should put those builds at a separate tab AFTER choosing said clbum.

I think the best I can do with the technology available is to add a divider and have “preloaded” builds after loading blank clbumes. Take a look. See what you think.

Simon Groothuizen Posted:

I would suggest “Troll Flezz Build” to be a better name. Domination builds are usually speedbuilds, you can grab some from the wiki. Sorry to be so damn cranky, but I found “optimum troll build” for that one a bit misleading.

How’s it look now?

It also looks like I may have found an Opera-related minor bug. When selecting the troll build (blank or flezz), sometimes “txt atax” doesn’t “undisable”. I double checked the code that might be causing it (so far as I know) and it looks to be in good order.

If anyone can reproduce the problem with another browser, I’ll take a closer look and try to retrace the code to figure out what might be causing it. Otherwise, I’ll chalk it up to an Opera quirk.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

I’ve just started using Haxl and, by extension, the build checker. Holy crap it’s amazing. Thank-you so much for sharing it! You rock.

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

Bumped because this is incredibly awesome and useful.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Oh, how I wish this were a sticky thread… Log in to see images!

TUBSWEETIE

Avatar: 3450 2011-07-31 00:45:06 -0400

[And The Banned Pla-
yed On
]

Level 37 Troll

MY MEMORY IS THAT OF A SMALL GRAPE

enire Posted:

Oh, how I wish this were a sticky thread… Log in to see images!

100% agree.

enire

[70 Character Story-
tellers
]

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Bump because this is actually related to game discussion and I really want that sticky!

amaranthus

[The Gentlemans Club]

Level 10 Emo Kid

“Gloomy Gus”

BUMP: STICKY THIS THREAD PLEASE.

Aldo_Anything

Avatar: 32555 2014-07-18 11:39:53 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Troll

male reproductive organMEISTER

where is the option of equipped DML gone?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!