Buy Official Merchandise!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion
Business Domination Enhancements Thread

BINGEBOT 2015

Avatar: 38 2010-12-05 22:39:25 -0500

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

<START TRANSMISSION>

These changes are proposed changes and will be implemented as time goes on. Please provide feedback.

Raid changes:

– Allow officers to create raids without joining them (for now just ensure you have enough officers to raid)

– Allow alts into raids (some restrictions on who can earn may be required)

– You can leave the raid if you haven’t gotten a scoop or pwned any forums (for now just be careful with which alt you join a raid with)

Medal changes:

– The number of medals available in a bracket are relative to the TOTAL number of scoops earned by ALL characters in that bracket. That way, the more active a bracket, the more medals there are to go around. And you can’t drop down to inactive brackets to get tons of easy medals. 0-100 (Most Scoops), 101-200 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops), 201-300 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci), 301-400 (Most Scoops, Highest Min Scoops, Fibonacci Sequence, Most Scoops Destroyed), etc, etc..

NEW MEDALS!

Scoop changes

– Lemon scoops overhaul (change the way these are awarded to be based on number of attacks and damage dealt within a forum)

– Replace Antifreeze limit with an exponential reward system where the most wins you have in a day, the more wins you need to get the next scoop

– Martyr 3 times should yield 8 scoops instead of 1

– Add a “Mobsters backroom Wheel of Fortune” option to get Antifreeze scoops

Other changes

– Every week Domination End time rotates 9pm, 3am, 9am, 3pm EST

New Cards

Moar Themes

<END TRANSMISSION>

BINGEBOT 2015 edited this message on 03/25/2009 4:50PM

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

MC Banhammer Posted:

”When a raid group pwns 12 forums, raid group members have to beat forums not already owned by anyone in their raid group in order to get subsequent scoops ”

Is that worded correctly? Because the way you worded it is how it works now, isn’t it? Do you mean to say that once a raid group takes a forum, that forum, if re-taken, does not count towards a new 12?

It’s worded correctly. Currently, if a raid group pwns 12 forums (let’s say 3 users pwn 4 forums each) if one of the users re-pwns some of the forums currently pwned by the other two, for each re-pwn, the raid group would get another scoop. This bug is what will be fixed.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

BINGEBOT 2015 Posted:

It’s worded correctly. Currently, if a raid group pwns 12 forums (let’s say 3 users pwn 4 forums each) if one of the users re-pwns some of the forums currently pwned by the other two, for each re-pwn, the raid group would get another scoop. This bug is what will be fixed.

I never realized that, not ever having really participated in a raid. That’s insane. I’m glad you’re fixing it.

I see another potential area for improvement based on what’s above, but I think I’ll wait to bring it up until after the week’s been in play for a while.

Vuron

Avatar: 4928 2011-07-31 00:39:10 -0400

[Team Shortbus]

Level 40 Emo Kid

Vile serpent! I generally avoid temptation unless I can't resist it.

These changes should be fun.

People can still run up big scoop towers on their mains but they are vulnerable to being dogpiled and there is basically no way to do an effective last minute minscoop/shield strategy in the competitive pods (which should encourage euro players).

Switcheroos become valuable again and shields and bumholes lose their primacy which is pretty nice.

No ties will also encourage a more free for all game within klans rather than arranging ties every week.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Holy crap. So, how many klans knew about that bug?

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

tame Posted:

Not sure. But it’s because of the general interest of klans to keep Domination competitive that we found out about it and are fixing it. I think that’s the important thing to note here Log in to see images!

Pickled male reproductive organ-
bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

this no ties thing is death to actual raiding clans. if you aren’t going to let us tie with eachother, and we are all in the same damn bracket, then why even join in the raid?

it goes against individual interests to raid, since you are helping your competitors, but not raiding is detrimental to klan interests, since it leads to boredom, loss of players, and stagnation.

The only solution I can think of is to set up seeding such that any single clan won’t dominate a bracket. a handful of smaller top brackets would be fine.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

tame Posted:

Pretty much everyone who reads the Domination Forum.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

and for the record, 30 cards is too low Log in to see images!

spacekadt

Avatar: 16186 2011-11-01 00:02:40 -0400

[Brainfreeze]

Level 69 Camwhore

meh

tame Posted:

AFAIK, ep2beta knew about it and used it without saying anything (to the public user base – not sure if they ever submitted it as a bug or anything, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that they did) for a few weeks. A little over a week ago, someone (scullyangel, I think?) posted it for general use.

We managed to pull a few raids off in brainfreeze with that strategy, but I think only two – MAYBE three.

MC Banhammer

Avatar: 1887 2011-07-31 00:40:59 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Troll

Trying to create drama to drum up the ratings by any means necessary!

Pickled male reproductive organbum Posted:

and for the record, 30 cards is too many. 5 is more like it Log in to see images!

Fixed Log in to see images!

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

and for the record, 30 cards is too low Log in to see images!

I was pushing for 40, I was nixed by Management Log in to see images!

We’ll see how this, and the no ties things affects things over the next week or so. These can always be adjusted if we find that this kill klan raiding altogether, that is not my intention.

Fran

Avatar: 34789 2015-08-06 21:23:09 -0400

[A Beautiful Place -
Out in the Country
]

Level 62 Camwhore

I wonder who is the bumbling idiot that still has fake currency on this website and actually spends

We pulled ~200 scoops in a 2h raid here on Bus Club, last week. But we really understood and started doing it halfway through the raid, so the potential would be bigger, specially for a Klan who’s starting in Dom.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

spacekadt Posted:

AFAIK, ep2beta knew about it and used it without saying anything (to the public user base – not sure if they ever submitted it as a bug or anything, but I think I remember seeing somewhere that they did) for a few weeks. A little over a week ago, someone (scullyangel, I think?) posted it for general use.

We managed to pull a few raids off in brainfreeze with that strategy, but I think only two – MAYBE three.

it was never really a secret. the first day we used it, was noticed what we were doing. i think a week later I let IDC know how it works, tubsweetie was there so she brought it to BF. then scully posted.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

Fran Posted:

We pulled ~200 scoops in a 2h raid here on Bus Club, last week. But we really understood and started doing it halfway through the raid, so the potential would be bigger, specially for a Klan who’s starting in Dom.

yeah, well, now that BINGE has ‘fixed’ the 12/12/12 raid, raids will be inaccessible to “players without headsets” if you know what I mean.

The Grinning-
Man

[Good Omens]

Level 37 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

this no ties thing is death to actual raiding clans. if you aren’t going to let us tie with eachother, and we are all in the same damn bracket, then why even join in the raid?

it goes against individual interests to raid, since you are helping your competitors, but not raiding is detrimental to klan interests, since it leads to boredom, loss of players, and stagnation.

The only solution I can think of is to set up seeding such that any single clan won’t dominate a bracket. a handful of smaller top brackets would be fine.

Well because cooperation even for a smaller piece of the pie is better than trying to go it alone. bumuming even a decent number of people make it to raids then people will still be getting 500-800 scoops on their mains with 3 raids in a week. In contrast even with a ton of choco solo players are largely limited to solo vanilla, pistachio loops and speedruns. Yes big klans will likely fragment in order to maximize self interest but CZ wants more raiding klans rather than one superpowerful one.

Card limits might or might not be too low but this change will encourage raiders to get a handful of switcheroos early on and play them during raids. The rest of the week will be devoted to playing offense cards on your competitors and playing defense when you are in the lead.

Bingebot has also talked about increasing the number of medals each week so the pool might be larger than 4 medals split among one klan.

BINGEBOT 2015

Level 12 Troll

I AM A GIANT FART FACE

The Grinning Man Posted:

Well because cooperation even for a smaller piece of the pie is better than trying to go it alone. bumuming even a decent number of people make it to raids then people will still be getting 500-800 scoops on their mains with 3 raids in a week. In contrast even with a ton of choco solo players are largely limited to solo vanilla, pistachio loops and speedruns. Yes big klans will likely fragment in order to maximize self interest but CZ wants more raiding klans rather than one superpowerful one.

Card limits might or might not be too low but this change will encourage raiders to get a handful of switcheroos early on and play them during raids. The rest of the week will be devoted to playing offense cards on your competitors and playing defense when you are in the lead.

Bingebot has also talked about increasing the number of medals each week so the pool might be larger than 4 medals split among one klan.

Yes, more medals may come. I will post a list of the other enhancements we’re thinking. Stay tuned. And yes, we would like more raiding klans, not bigger klans. Although the big klans can make for some good entertainment in Flamebate Log in to see images! Smaller and more raiding groups I think is the key. We don’t limit the number of raid groups (except that you can’t have more then 1 at a time). You can, however, run raids one after another. This means you could run a “main” raid, then an “alt” raid afterwards.. still get the same scoops.. it would just take you more time. Which, for now, is acceptable.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

I wouldn’t want to see the fragmentation of clans, ‘cause frankly, I like these people.

tame

Level 10 Troll

“Pain in the ASCII”

Then help out your underdogs. You’ve got enough medals already.

bum

[Board of Directors]

Level 10 Camwhore

AHAHA HEADSETS

also you had more raiding clans, with 12/12/12

heck even TSB was raiding. now all the fledgling raiders are back at a disadvantage.

the no ties thing might lead to fragmentation of clans, but that will foster an uncomfortable environment, turning friends against friends. more likely people will rather retain friendships, but lose interest in the game, eventually leaving all together.

Or we’ll just end up setting up a system where people get medals one week, and none the next. a trade off, which is pretty boring.

like i said, the way to increase competitiveness is to fix seeding such that there aren’t more than a few clanmates in a single bracket. and now that they have to focus on their mains, alt towers wont dominate the lower brackets. so hopefully other people will get enough medals to fill in the brackets.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!