Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

PDB – you cut off that chat quote just before I said I thought that would be too harsh. That klan deserved a perk for raiding, but that the perk shouldn’t be so big that winners can be predetermined. Log in to see images!

I’ve always supported klan raiding. I’ve also always supported nerfing klan vanilla. Currently klan vanilla is not competitive. PDB, you personally commented that this season’s winners had loosely been decided. If the outcome is predetermined it is not a competition, it is a schedule.

The top bracket situation is completely reasonable to look at. If nothing changes where will all the people from the one and only serious raiding klan be 5 or 6 weeks into next season? Same place.

As to why klan raiders don’t do as well in other brackets – because they aren’t playing those brackets. If only one character can click “join raid” and that character is in the top bracket, that means any other alt is playing as a solo player. Prior to the 1 character per raid rule klan vanilla was also dominating every bracket they were in.

The week that was pointed out – Ming/Squidly only had solo scoops that week and won because they are a damn good player.

Current week headsets? I have alts in that bracket, are you actually trying to say that those characters have full guns raided this week? emojah and Stud made one raid as far as I could see, and I have attended both of this week’s raids. Log in to see images! naughty-mayhem showed up late to raids missing the first 2 hours of 1 or both. Ming has been joining a raid once a week at most for almost 2 months now.

Rotating medals keeps that top bracket locked. Rotating might be fair klan play, but it also serves to ensure that support players don’t drop out. After all, if they dropped out of that bracket there wouldn’t be 7 – 10 bodies with klan vanilla level scoops to act as meat shields and to destroy every available non-klan scoop.

Perhaps klan players have a skewed perspective as to what a reasonable benefit should be due to months of piles and piles of vanilla. Personally I think a very reasonable benefit would be an extra 200 scoops per week. Effectively giving a klan player 25% – 33% more scoops than a solo player could achieve. That in combination with the obvious advantage of having other players to work with is a good, but not overwhelming advantage.

Honestly, I don’t see why all the hoops and restrictions are being considered. Limit the thing to one 2 hour raid per week per player with a 200 scoop cap. Let alts play, don’t restrict number of bodies in a raid. Hell, they could even reinstate the thing where forums could be overwritten. Raiders wouldn’t feel like they were being under rewarded for their time investment, and the benefit wouldn’t be so big that solo players feel like raiders are buying the win. Klans working together will still have a serious advantage.

I think it’s a shame that everyone seems to think cooperative game play is 100% equal to klan raiding. In my mind cooperative game play has to do with strategy, plotting, diversionary tactics, making a sacrifice to advance the team. The current epic strategy in klan vanilla is show up.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!