Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Invariel

Avatar: 14446 Thu Oct 23 18:38:00 -0400 2008

[Brainfreeze]

Level 36 Camwhore

I Wrote a Script and You Liked It

I think it would be interesting if each klan had a forum they could contribute flezz toward, that other klans could pwn.

The flezz could be spent on server upgrades: faster servers with more bandwidth allow more “people” to post, giving the threads more Ego and maybe better attacks, but require more maintenance to keep in top condition; more active “members” to post stronger, more damaging replies; a better firewall to reduce the damage done by attacks, but that is degraded over time.

Online members could theoretically contribute to klan defense, if, while the klan server were under attack, a player could use a visit to defend their forum, contributing their clbum’s abilities to each thread’s defense. The damage done by players to other players would require significant tweaking over time, but it would be an interesting way for klans to directly compete with one another, outside of Domination.

If a klan’s server should go down (be pwned), it should take a considerable investment to get the server back up to speed, and maybe a realtime day or two to get things working again (reduced if klan members are willing to spend visits on getting things back up).

All in all, I think such a system (even if heavily revised) could have considerable impact on the end-game boredom that comes from being level 35 and waiting for the bi-weekly klan raids in order to win at Domination.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!