Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

maddsurgeon

Level 21 Camwhore

“Playground Pin-Up”

Listen2Reason Posted:

I think people should err on the side of including more word types. If an entry has no word types, it’s only funny once; if it has lots of word types, it’s potentially funny in many different ways. Tonight I did vote up an entry that had only one word type, but only because I thought it was hilarious, and I still feel kinda guilty about it.

I disagree. If something’s funny, it’s funny. Everything gets old after a while, and cluttering an entry up with too many word types makes it really funny once in a while, and an irrational mess nine times out of ten. Word types should be used in moderation. Comedy is often in the details; choosing the best word for your specific joke.

Then again, I never really found MadLibs funny anyway…

If there’s a problem with repetition, why don’t they just have a larger pool of random jokes to pull from?

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!