Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

OrsonScottCa-
rd

Avatar: 104768 2015-08-05 14:57:49 -0400

[Forumwarz Speakeasy]

Level 69 Hacker

Why do I keep coming back here

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I’m not sure if Hackers are really underpowered, at least from a “I’m level capped, and have leet swag” perspective. I can pwn any forum out there without using consumables (though I can speedrun very few, I almost failed 74 seconds at 9 threads on Suburban earlier). The problem, if anything, with Hackers is that they tend to be tedious, and underscintillating (if that’s a word) at high levels. Due to long cycle attacks, I end up with something ridiculous like using 8 different attacks (avtr, ipz, recipe, 404, poetry, flipr, bg2, and fnt) when pwning engrish lessons because PP is in such limited quantities that you can’t afford to spam avtr (which really isn’t that good anyway).

Maybe it won’t be so bad when I get to the cap. My problem right now is that, even with using the same cycle of attacks that you use, I run the risk of wiping myself out because it takes so long that my Ego gets chewed up. The only way to prevent that is to overuse avtr, which then eats up PP. Why is it that the only short-cycle Hacker attack is underpowered AND expensive in terms of PP?

As for jobs, I can’t complain too much, but I have yet to successfully complete a timed job, even in forums where I was able to kill each thread in one hit. Compared to other clbumes, it seems like Hacker attacks take longer to execute, if only by fractions of a second. This seems to be enough that I fail by 2-3 seconds every time I try.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!