Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

KindFearless-
Leader

Level 35 Troll

“Problem Child IV”

Possibly a Cabbage Posted:

I’m not suggesting anything, I’m just trying to get a dialogue going. It’s simply an observation that of the four regular clbumes, one of them is significantly better than the other three when you’re talking high level characters with good equipment. It’s entirely possible that this is fine, and we just don’t care that one clbum is “the best” since there’s always going to be something that’s the best. It’s entirely possible that we decide that trolls are fine, and other clbumes just need to be brought up to their levels, and it’s entirely possible that we decide that trolls are too good and need to be brought back to the pack a little bit. I have no dog in this fight.

I do, however, think that political flamebait having an attack of 350, a cost of 8 DB, and a refresh of 1 is sort of our of line with other clbumes “best attacks”: Everybody hurts has an attack of 220, a refresh of 1, and a cost of 15 tears; Fetish Pics has an attack of 225, a refresh of 1, and a cost of 15 sexiness; ipz has has an attack of 200-210, a refresh of 6(!), and a cost of 7 PP. Since all these clbumes have roughly the same offense for level capped characters, and we recently the clbumes because some were doing too much damage, it’s entirely possible that we didn’t exactly balance them correctly.

I mean, ET obviously cared enough about clbum balance at one point to take some data, and do some tinkering, in an attempt to make things “better” according to what his standards were. There’s no guarantee (in fact, it’s far from probable) that the system he set up once was perfect.

To be accurate, the top ‘tier’ hacker attack was Avtr, with a refresh of 1, a cost of 10, and an attack of piddling 100-110. Prior to nerf, this was the comparison one as I recall around 200-ish attack or more. It merely got nerfed so much, the second most powerful one became that powerful one.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!