Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

scully

Avatar: 12797 2015-07-20 16:59:13 -0400

[Good Omens]

Level 69 Camwhore

I really do talk ****!

As with all the “voting” areas of the site, it feels almost arbitrary – what becomes a hard and fast rule, what slides by and what is actively enforced.

While it is nice to try to be original all the time, it kills me that duplicate INCIT submissions are policed rigorously. It just seems like a horrible use of anyone’s time and I don’t see it protecting the integrity of a game that is so ridiculously open to vote abuse as to be laughable.

It is silly to say that a person is plagiarizing themselves, silly to say that something that applies to one picture might not apply to another.

I don’t have a real suggestion to make, I guess it just seems weird to take INCIT so bloody seriously. Especially when some of the other areas, areas that become a permanent part of the game, are ignored.

For example: The image that won for Orgies of Species was pointed out while the item was actively being voted on. It’s directly from a book currently available http://www.amazon.com/Origin-Species-Illustrated-Charles-Darwin/dp/1402756399/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpi_3. The response was that it was too hard to police, but people shouldn’t do it. There is copyright infringement in half the submitted items and a good portion of the winners. From a game perspective the scoop payout from buildr is far larger than INCIT, yet this is too hard to police.

Gosh, maybe we need an iPhone app for the buildrs! Apps seem to make rules easier to define (and much more important), game integrity much more valid and worthy of round the clock attention! Log in to see images!

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!