Buy Brownie Points
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

spacekadt Posted:

TBH – as a mod, I don’t work for you or represent your interests. As a mod, I’m here to enforce the rules as CZ has seen fit to declare them.

To start, I have no problem with how you conduct yourself on the forums and believe you are one of the better mods. And I completely agree that your main job is to enforce CZ’s rules for this site.

Saying that you don’t work for us or represent our interests confirms my belief that there is no downward accountability to the people that truly make and sustain this game. I don’t agree that a de-modding should only occur because of gross and flagrant abuse of mod powers. One could argue that the vast majority of actual mod “work” is done on gray-area issues. The blatant rule-breaking is easy to deal with – hit ban and move on.

The things you have been trusted to make judgement calls on should and must involve input from the community, since we should and must have a say on what we are willing to tolerate. There is already a fair amount of this going on with the task force and even the “report post” functionality, but the main question of this thread is, if we as a community feel that a mod is not taking our opinion into consideration and enforcing his/her will to the detrement of the community, is there any way we can force our will upon that mod?

I know that getting this community to agree to anything is like a very tired cat-herding analogy, but if the time were to come when we were no longer willing to tolerate a mod and his/her actions, could we even do anything about it?

Indiana Jonas edited this message on 11/22/2009 5:33AM
Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!