Check out our blog!
Forumwarz is the first "Massively Single-Player" online RPG completely built around Internet culture.

You are currently looking at Flamebate, our community forums. Players can discuss the game here, strategize, and role play as their characters.

You need to be logged in to post and to see the uncensored versions of these forums.

Civil Discussion
Switch to Role-Playing Civil Discussion

Viewing a Post

Indiana Jonas

Avatar: 13850 2014-12-19 09:36:26 -0500

[At Least I Never M-
ade A Failure Of A-
Website
]

Level 35 Troll

WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWW WW

Jalapeno Bootyhole Posted:

The reason CZ hasn’t responded to this is because there’s no real answer, since it’s all so hypothetical. There are simply no rules or processes in place to either impeach or democratically elect a new mod.

If a mod did something egregiously bad, over and over, I’m pretty sure the outcry would be loud enough to make the decision obvious. If they did something less terrible, I would trust the mods to debate it amongst themselves and CZ could make the final call from there. In the case of something highly controversial that required a vote, we’d probably want to bring in the Task Force.

When you talk about “the community,” I consider the mods and the Task Force to be one and the same with it. You could argue that they don’t really represent all the users (MercWithMouth certainly did, till he was blue in the face) but we still trust the mods’ input and respect their judgment. So far, we have little reason not to.

If there’s a mod that the community has a problem with, then by all means they should bring it to our attention. (Although creating threads with “ET” in the title is not an effective way to do it.) But you’d have to have a pretty good case with plenty of evidence before we’d consider de-modding someone.

I would be reluctant to ask the community elect a new mod. Suggesting mods, yes. Putting it to a vote, not so much. I’m not keen on giving MySpace Tom moderation powers anytime soon.

I know it’s purely hypothetical, but this is p much exactly what I was looking for. Thanks JB. I know you and ET consider the mods to be “in touch” with the community, but any time you put certain members above everyone else (like a mod), the chance of that member loosing touch with the wants of everyone else dramatically increases (power corrupts and all).

I’m comfortable now that community could have a say in who we let run roughshod over us, but that such a say could only come if/when things get really bad. For the sake of everyone’s sanity, I agree that this is the only time we should have such a say.

Internet Delay Chat
Have fun playing!
To chat with other players, you must Join Forumwarz or Log In now!